Saturday, August 11, 2012

About The Teacher

Hello!  My name is Jeannie Chin and I would like to welcome you to first grade at Sarah Smith Elementary.  I am THRILLED to have your child in my class. We will be learning a LOT and I have so many fun and exciting things planned for this year!

I received my bachelors degree in journalism from the University of Georgia and my masters degree in elementary education from Niagara University in New York.  I am certified to teach Pre-K through 8th grade in both New York and Georgia.  Before attending graduate school, I spent time teaching English to adults overseas.  I absolutely LOVE teaching.  I can’t imagine pursuing any other career.  I am very excited about teaching first grade here at Sarah Smith!

I look forward to working with you and your child.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.  I can be reached at jchin@atlanta.k12.ga.us or you may leave me a message with the school and I will return your call as soon as I can.  (404.802.3850)

Thank you for your support!

- Ms. Chin

Some of my favorite things:

TRAVELING, my family and friends, teal, peanut buttery chocolate and dark chocolate, children's books, trying new things and the television show "Friends" (I have the whole season!) .


(St. Malo, France)